In semester 2 2017/18, we will be holding a series of seminars devoted to Psychology careers. See below for the dates and topics. All seminars will take place on Fridays, 1:10-2:00pm in G32 (7 George Square).
|19/01||Psychology staff||How did I get here? Psychology staff talk about their careers.|
|2/02||Miss Rachel Lytollis, Primary Head Teacher||Psychology in teaching- working with children, staff, parents and school management|
|9/02||Miss Anne MacDonald||Performance psychology and working in the sports industry|
|16/02||Dr Healther Gorton, Deputy Principal Educational Psychologist||Educational Psychology|
|2/03||Dr Neil Millar||Clinical Psychology|
|9/03||Rachel Bussom (Ernst & Young)||Psychology in business services|
|16/03||Dr Lorna Gray||Forensic Psychology|
|23/03||Dr Cheryl Bell||Working for the Scottish government|
|30/03||Dr Tom Calvard||Organisational Psychology|
All Psychology students have access to information and advice provided by the University Careers Services. They are based on the third floor of the Main Library Building, and are open Monday-Friday. They have 2 websites:
- Visit their website to explore different careers, information about finding part-time and summer jobs, planning your career, CVs, applications and interviews etc.
- Use MyCareerHub for vacancies and booking appointments and events
Janet Forsyth is the Careers Consultant working specifically with Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences (PPLS) students.
- A PPLS-themed careers blog – career stories, information and advice tailored to PPLS students
- Psychology-specific careers information – what you can do with your psychology degree, psychology career stories, gaining experience for the psychology professions – and more.
- Weekly bookable school-based appointments during semester
- A programme of PPLS-focused Career Conversations in PPLS – watch for further details via the weekly PPLS careers newsletter